oh, hello!

oh, hello! Welcome to a little bit of my world.

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

equinox


Spring is finally here! The garden is starting to poke it's head out of the dirt again, thankfully. I've missed my dirty fingernails and toes. thankfully- they're back :)




As soon as the beautiful weather last week hit, we were outside turning the compost and inspecting the garden. It looks AWESOME! So many of the little guys are coming back: chamomile, valerian, yarrow, garlic, onions, strawberries, chives, parsely, cabbages, kale, lilies, and sage. 4 beds got a good inch of compost added onto the top, and the compost got a good aerating. (Smelly from the winter, though. but, much better now :) )








I've been hard at work cleaning out the garden workroom adjacent to the garden. It's tidied, swept, vaccuumed, and slightly organized. (There's always more to be done!) My roommate Nick & I set up a great little growing nook in the garden workroom- a huge energy efficient grow lamp over a table with all my little starts on it. I've planted so much already! But now must take a small hiatus as I've run out of potting soil and cell packs. ha!




Here's a short list of what I'm REALLY excited about this season:
White Tomilo tomatoes
Emerald Evergreen tomatoes
Sungold tomatoes
Siam Queen thai basil
Mini windowbox basil
Smokey Bronze fennel
Asian long eggplants
White Ceremonial Sage
Wormwood
Feverfew
Cardinal Climbing Vine
Purple Hyacinth Vine
Purple Kohlrabi
Red Rock Cabbage
White, Purple, & Orange Cauliflower
AND MORE!

:)

1 comment:

  1. Found your blog! LOVE IT. This list of stuff you intend to grow is inspirational... I plan on partnering with my mom to grow a garden this year. Hmmm....

    ReplyDelete